Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

mrdave

Reef Face

Gents firstly I must apologise for my lack of activity on the forum, Ive been hectic as always

I have had a chat with @W3bbo regarding the forum and forums in general.

As we all know the forums are taking a major bashing from facebook and getting slower and slower. Whilst we do have reef face facebook and twitter along with our other facebook group "Red Sea All the Way" our main focus is on the forum.

We have no intention of giving up on it as for many years now we have had a good solid user base and given time I truly believe that the forums will pick up again.

If you have any ideas or wish to contribute in any way to the forum please let me or W3bbo know.

Regards

Mrdave

I can only second what @mrdave has already said really. In truth I've been struggling with my own setup, well not so much struggling but pretty much running it on autopilot and what with the photobucket demise (no longer free) my own thread took a hit with regard to picture updates. The forum software allows us to simply drag and drop straight onto here though so I'll update my own thread before asking others to update theirs! I'm not one for facebook etc and feel the forums are where the real structured information is. The thing with facebook is trusting who is messaging. With a forum you can look back through previous posts (And tank threads) to ensure the info you're getting is based on experience and not regurgitated.

We're open to any and all suggestions for how YOUR forum should be operated so please don't be shy - give us your opinions please.

Long live the forum. Long live Reef-Face :).

Just to let you know we increased the size of the server and upped the speed with our host to ensure that the forum does not slow down when users upload their pictures using the new forum software.

I've noticed the forum running smoother and uploads are working really well. Good job guys and this is my favourite forum! It's sometimes a little quiet but has a nice feel about it I've always felt at home here

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thank you David, we have never tried to be the biggest but we do strive to be the friendliest . 

We have given our members the tools to make the forum their own but it’s down to the users to post and encourage other members and friends to sign up and join in 

Facebook has so much to answer for it has over the years battered forums, people no longer talk face to face as much it's all done over there and it's caused so many relationship breakups I'm not on faceache myself ànd don't intend to either

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I do have Facebook but do not really use it.

In my opinion forum are better than Fb because

1. Posts are easy to find rather than scrolling through loads of waffle.

2.You can add more content to your post.

3.Easy to find

4 you can not have a tank thread on FB

5 you generally know or know of the posters on a forum so know whether the information is legit or a load of old shite