Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

wraith

starting a 65G tank

55 posts in this topic

This is my first ever marine tank after advice - week 1

P1140663.JPG

week 2 after water testing was good on all counts :)

P1140713.JPG

P1140735.JPG

P1140736.JPG

Edited by wraith
week 5

Looking well there pal. What's your plans going forward ? 

HI Dave, Have you any idea what the brown anemone type thing is and is it good or bad please ?  If it's bad how do I get rid of it please ? I think it might be aiptasia ? What's the best way to get rid of it if it is please ?

Hi, I've had to take out a piece of rock and bake it to try to kill off the aiptasia :(  so the piece is very dead now, the photo is just before I took out the rock so my next photo after this will have the corals in different places.

P1140741.JPG

Hi Guys, Pics from today of my tank - I think I may be getting carried away with corals but they all seem to be OK except for a frogspawn and a daisy which got trapped under a rock when it came loose even though it was fixed with aquascape :( If I've placed any corals in the wrong places for water flow or lighting please let me know so I can move it to where it should be to make for a happier tank - Thanks :)P1140852.JPG

Looking good mate. Not sure I would have gone with the star fish. They don't tend to do well in new tanks. Also is that a candy hog fish I see in the previous shot to the right?

Hi, Thanks :)  it's a red hawkfish. Are the corals in roughly the right places please ? I've got it on a medium flow going topwards first.

I personally would just move the toad stall Lower down because as it gets bigger it will cast A bigger shadow Below it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and thanks for that :)  I'll move it down to the sand bed or half way down the rocks please ?

Either would be better Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking good @wraith

What are your plans going forward ?

New fish/corals ?

And it wont be long before you want to upgrade your tank for something larger lol and the misses said no isn't an option as there is always the line to her "its not just my tank its ours!"

Hi Dave, now I'm trying to keep the pests away and build up coralline, I've just had delivery of a HOB refugium and I've now run out of space for HOB stuff so I'm going to get handy with my dremel and get things fitting around each other (hopefully) my next step is getting a bigger tank I think so I'm saving to get another tank - was think of something with a sump this time around 550L main tank with sump around 150L.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, wraith said:

Hi Dave, now I'm trying to keep the pests away and build up coralline, I've just had delivery of a HOB refugium and I've now run out of space for HOB stuff so I'm going to get handy with my dremel and get things fitting around each other (hopefully) my next step is getting a bigger tank I think so I'm saving to get another tank - was think of something with a sump this time around 550L main tank with sump around 150L.

Next time you are at mine I will give you a piece of rock covered in coralline just scrape it into the tank keep your kh stable and watch it take off.

Have a look at the Reefers mate fantastically built tank with plenty of room for toys in your sump and in the cabinet !!

Looking good and you can never have to many corals haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, got home after a long week working away to find my corals dying off :( lost a large duncan colony, the other one is partially dead too. One of my hammers is dying, the other one is hiding away. testing the water tomorrow but as far as I'm aware the only difference recently were my nitrate levels. The "wavy hands" and leathers seem to be OK. I'll let you know tomorrow how the levels are.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.