hopper

Ocean free hydra stream filter

Hi I just added a stream 1 it made my water very clear and my skimmer is pulling out a lot more dark crap on a wet skim .  Just wondering if anyone else has used one ????

Never heard of them. Sounds good though if its making your skimmer is more efficient. Got any pics?

I saw those when they first came out and was tempted in the beginning get one myself but was put off by good and bad write-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi yeh people are very sceptical about because it's claimed they get rid of nitrate's. But what they are actually meant to do is break ammonia down to ammonium before it has a chance to turned to Nitrite. So which means no more Nitrite or nitrate's.  But it won't break down nitrate's all ready in the tank so in theory the nitrate's should come down with water changes. Which is how I,m finding it though I now have red cyno . I only installed it 2 weeks ago so will have to see how it goes 

So what have you seen your No3 go from in the last two weeks of using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From around 60 to 40 with a big waterchange.  But I have noticed clearer water and softies are looking really good. I will do some more big waterchanges to get nitrate's down then hopefully this will help keep them down also setup my reactor with biopellets again this week 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, w3bbo said:

Never heard of them. Sounds good though if its making your skimmer is more efficient. Got any pics?

43 minutes ago, mr tap water said:

So what have you seen your No3 go from in the last two weeks of using it.

Sent from my iPhone using 

7 hours ago, w3bbo said:

Have a look on YouTube there's to types a internal filter or in line type