Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

jocave

Quiet Forum

Not posted here for a while due to various reasons, but back into the hobby now I have a bit more spare time, noticed the forum is very quiet these days , anyone have any ideas how we can attract more members to this great site or suggestions on how to spread the word..

Social media has hit forums of all interests very hard. Even the biggest forums aren't as busy as they used to be. Sad as I hate social media and the 'look what I had for my dinner' brigade.

As for suggestions, we're open to any and all :).

As Rich said really Kev. Please feel free to invite any reefer friends who are not already members and nudge the ones who are lol

there seems to be a lot of people looking in but not posting

Its a tricky one. In my opinion (or maybe just my experience) people join a forum but move on if its too quiet, a catch 22 really. I suppose its up to the existing members who want the site to grow to join the conversations and answer as much as possible. 

I think most people who join forums rather than social media want informed and reliable advise from seasoned reefers rather than random quips from self proclaimed experts that learnt everything they know from a 5 minute youtube vid.

I like this forum and would like to see it grow and happy to chip in with more if it helps.

Its a tricky one. In my opinion (or maybe just my experience) people join a forum but move on if its too quiet, a catch 22 really. I suppose its up to the existing members who want the site to grow to join the conversations and answer as much as possible. 

I think most people who join forums rather than social media want informed and reliable advise from seasoned reefers rather than random quips from self proclaimed experts that learnt everything they know from a 5 minute youtube vid.

I like this forum and would like to see it grow and happy to chip in with more if it helps.

Top man, couldn't have said it better!

I agree too,too easy to pop in and just look and say nothing ,let's all make an effort to make more posts and get it buzzing ,be more interesting for us all rather than logging in and thinking meh it's quiet

I have returned to this forum after a few years away, still running the same tank and enjoying the hobby.

After spending many years building tank build threads and adding update photo's of coral growth and new additions on two other forums, I was very disappointed when they closed and all of my threads were lost. Apart from the thousands of people who viewed them and made encouraging remarks, it was also a reminder to me of how far the tank had come. Perhaps I will start again on here :smile: .

This is the best thing about forums like these over social media sites, you dont get the depth of knowledge and passion that is expressed in build threads and coral care and propagation. Lets hope people get fed up with the shallow inane ramblings and once again search out the quite reefers enjoying the detail and long term dedication needed for a fantastic reef tank.

Well thats my rant over.

Martin

hi martin welcome to reef face m8, look forward to you starting a diary and seeing your set up

Edited by yellowboxfish

Same here Martin it would be nice to see how your tank looks and runs these days, you could call it my diary years on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winter is coming