Debs

Tropic Marin Balling Abc

After testing water at LFS my readings are as follows:-

Mag  1180 ppm
Cal    395 ppm
KH Alk  5.3 dKH

I have bought and made up the A, B and C Balling - I now want to make sure I am going to dose correctly before I put in my tank.

with 350L - Part B - max 14fl oz per day which should raise the dKH by 1.75.  Correct?
Part A - max 14fl oz per day which would raise the calcium by 12.5 ppm and then is it the same measurement for the Magnesium ??

Until I get my doser unit set up, I can just put it in the sump ??

@@Debs

Do you need to dose yet?

What corals do you have ? If not sps then IMO regular water changes will be ok.

You should try and maintain your perameters to your chosen salt.

I'm currently writing a thread on the importance of salinity in respect of foundation element test results

I.e low or high salinity will show a difference in actual test results on the foundations

@@Debs

Do you need to dose yet?

What corals do you have ? If not sps then IMO regular water changes will be ok.

You should try and maintain your perameters to your chosen salt.

I'm currently writing a thread on the importance of salinity in respect of foundation element test results

I.e low or high salinity will show a difference in actual test results on the foundations

yes well I filled the new 350L up with new salt water (Tropic Marin Pro-Reef) and then did a 10% water change the following week.  However, my readings were really low so got them tested at my LFS and they read - KH/Alk 5.3dkh, Mag 1180 ppm and Cal 395 ppm so was advised to dose.  I will check my salt readings before I add in next water change just to check its not the salt.  I have started dosing now and will keep monitoring it daily / every other day to see how much they reduce.  My salinity is stable at 1.025.  PH 8 and 0 ammonia, nitrate and nitrite.  Phos a bit high at 0.04 and temp 26.

I have quite a few corals that I transferred over from my old tank with a few SPS as well - I never had to dose in the 95L as water changes were enough.