Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

Debs

Tropic Marin Balling Abc

After testing water at LFS my readings are as follows:-

Mag  1180 ppm
Cal    395 ppm
KH Alk  5.3 dKH

I have bought and made up the A, B and C Balling - I now want to make sure I am going to dose correctly before I put in my tank.

with 350L - Part B - max 14fl oz per day which should raise the dKH by 1.75.  Correct?
Part A - max 14fl oz per day which would raise the calcium by 12.5 ppm and then is it the same measurement for the Magnesium ??

Until I get my doser unit set up, I can just put it in the sump ??

@@Debs

Do you need to dose yet?

What corals do you have ? If not sps then IMO regular water changes will be ok.

You should try and maintain your perameters to your chosen salt.

I'm currently writing a thread on the importance of salinity in respect of foundation element test results

I.e low or high salinity will show a difference in actual test results on the foundations

@@Debs

Do you need to dose yet?

What corals do you have ? If not sps then IMO regular water changes will be ok.

You should try and maintain your perameters to your chosen salt.

I'm currently writing a thread on the importance of salinity in respect of foundation element test results

I.e low or high salinity will show a difference in actual test results on the foundations

yes well I filled the new 350L up with new salt water (Tropic Marin Pro-Reef) and then did a 10% water change the following week.  However, my readings were really low so got them tested at my LFS and they read - KH/Alk 5.3dkh, Mag 1180 ppm and Cal 395 ppm so was advised to dose.  I will check my salt readings before I add in next water change just to check its not the salt.  I have started dosing now and will keep monitoring it daily / every other day to see how much they reduce.  My salinity is stable at 1.025.  PH 8 and 0 ammonia, nitrate and nitrite.  Phos a bit high at 0.04 and temp 26.

I have quite a few corals that I transferred over from my old tank with a few SPS as well - I never had to dose in the 95L as water changes were enough.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.