evan47

What Corals Would Be Safe To Keep With A Coral Beauty

Hi,While I have been setting up and planning my new (first saltwater) tank I have taken a fancy to the coral beauty dwarf angel.

I know that they are known to nip at certain corals and inverts but what I would like to know is which corals, preferably easy care ones it is unlikely to nip at.  

probably a bit of luck of the draw mate kind of fish you get,people have flames with no probs and others are coral munchers,bit like the potters and coral beautys I reckon

My coral beauty was fine with all my corals but some are terrors and nip anything and everything.

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk

Most leather corals, finger corals and xenia will be fine in with coral beauty and are easy to keep.

My old coral beauty took a liking to my SPS but I tend to slightly under feed my fish and as they say, if you keep them well fed they are less likely to go looking for other food (corals)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

my cb was great never touched anything but some people aren't that lucky, they are hit and miss, same as a lot of pygmy angels

I over fed mine and it picked at favia,chalice, and then it even started picking at my acans. Had to go after that. That was my 3rd attempt at keeping a coral beauty. wish i had better luck with them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I put a duncan and a small zoa colony in the tank a week ago and so far so good.

I cant see overfeeding being too clever though as if some of it lands on a coral the fish could go for it and nip, or seem to nip the coral instead.

I have tangs that will rob my corals when I feed them but the coral beauty would constantly bite at the 3 I listed. You should be fine with Duncan and zoas ime

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

so far so good.

i  have also put a candy cane, frogspawn and torch in the tank and the coral beauty is behaving well.

1 person likes this

I wonder if starting with no corals first, then adding them later after the fish like your food, would help.