Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

w3bbo

Ecotech Vectra Pump = A Cheap Chinese Pump In Disguise?

24 posts in this topic

Yes they are needed IMO. If my kids were to go in the cabinet and turn the flow up, they can't turn it up more than the tank can handle and overflow the tank which would be a disaster.

And the notification if the pump fails is even more useful as if I was away from home and it jacked in I would find out straight away and be able to do something about it.

You know you'd love them features on yours. It's not the features people have a problem with, it's the price, so they slate the features or dismiss them as not needed to make them feel better about their pump choice.

Just my opinion lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Anyway @@warby, while you're talking about toys and things that aren't needed, what's the reason behind the controller you're buying for your RW pumps? Lol

Wouldn't be to control them from your phone would it? Which you also said a while back wasn't needed on the Vortech etc as it's "just a gimmick" ? Lol

Anyway @@warby, while you're talking about toys and things that aren't needed, what's the reason behind the controller you're buying for your RW pumps? Lol

Wouldn't be to control them from your phone would it? Which you also said a while back wasn't needed on the Vortech etc as it's "just a gimmick" ? Lol

I'm not buying the controller to use for my phone it's the fact it's only a few quid difference to buy a rw 15 or rw 15 with wireless link thingy lol.

I do have to say the pump fail and what not are a good idea but the max flow one.....I thought that's why you buy a certain size pump and make sure your return pipe work can handle it lol.

At the end of the day the will be pros and cons for everything but I have just seen mentioned on anothur forum that the vactra pumps are re branded Chinese pumps.

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk

Ask them on the other forum which one of those pumps does everything what the Vectra does and see if they can tell you. Apart from because the casing looks the same, what else is the same?

Don't play down your controller now lol. You know you will like being able to control stuff on your phone lol.

And the max flow thing, do you run your return pump at 100% flow or do you have it turned down on your controller with the option of increasing it if needed or to use on a future upgrade? If what your saying is the case then why does any pump come with a controller?

Ask them on the other forum which one of those pumps does everything what the Vectra does and see if they can tell you. Apart from because the casing looks the same, what else is the same?

Don't play down your controller now lol. You know you will like being able to control stuff on your phone lol.

And the max flow thing, do you run your return pump at 100% flow or do you have it turned down on your controller with the option of increasing it if needed or to use on a future upgrade? If what your saying is the case then why does any pump come with a controller?

No idea I was only saying what I read lol. Anyways I'd bet there all made in China or far east just like tmc have done.....

I ran my old pumps on 100% but this one is turned down to 7/10 lights I think. I did that because of the noise the pipes make when it's on 100%

Upgrade??? I'll get shot if I upgrade again lmao

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk

do I sense a divorce? : CRAZY :

i would say that is amazingly similar to the ecotech ones, will prob be controlled on a simple scale via a jebao dc controller, lets face it dc technology is fairly simplistic and tends to work in the same way.

yes the ecotech will most likely have a higher level of control as there quietdrive tech controllers allow finer control and therefore gives more flow. just look at pre quietdrive powerheads with less flow than the newer quietdrive controllers, they now have more flow on the same pump using the quietdrive driver.

so based on that theory, retrofit a quiet drive controller driver to one of these cheap Chinese dc pumps and I can fair bet you will have the equivalent of the ecotech model. 

so based on that theory, retrofit a quiet drive controller driver to one of these cheap Chinese dc pumps and I can fair bet you will have the equivalent of the ecotech model.

Now that would be fun to try......