Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

w3bbo

Ecotech Vectra Pump = A Cheap Chinese Pump In Disguise?

24 posts in this topic

Premium brand Ecotech are seemingly pushing the Vectra pump as a 'new' product but rumours are it is little more than a rebranded pump which originally costs much MUCH less. I'd be interested to know if it is just the aesthetics that have changed or if it is a completely redesigned pump.

TOP-ECO-marine-coral-fish-tank-24v-5000L

Hard to say without more info on the "original" one

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

the rumours are probably started by rival companies

And people that can't afford a Vectra lol

Doesn't show up mate, just comes up with this....

b5fbcf1632d970393b4467968167b7eb.jpg

Hardly a surprise it's a Chinese trading site that it's on though lol

Works fine here? You're trying to access via mobile!

Ocean runner for me all day long !

Ste

The actual technical specs (lph, max head pressure and wattage) of the M1 dont match any of the ones on that sellers list ...the L1 on the other hand looks rather similar to their "D12" version.... 

I wonder if the Chinese company have copied the vortech pump rather than vortech copying theirs...  

And I doubt the Chinese ones have the controllability, and features that the Vectra has.

I think most is made over there the actual body of things and stuff just added onto to things ,like certain lights too and pumps

There are a LOT of light systems on Chinese sites which look identical to the mainstream ones. whether they are the same units or whether they just copy the shells its hard to tell without having them side by side. Maybe the shells are like mass produced "off the shelf" project boxes you can buy and like you say, you fill it with the hardware for your product. 

As Daz says I doubt the chinese model has the additional controllability the Ecotech has other than it being DC controlled (variable power). Still, I can't see a reason why anyone would want all the other options such as reef crest on a return pump as surely this will affect sump/tank levels as its not like a powerhead moving water it is pumping volumes of water from one location to another.

Features like the calibration so you can set minimum and maximum flow to suit your tank are good though so if anyone was to mess with the controller and put it on maximum, it will only go as powerful as the custom maximum that you have set when calibrating it to your system so no overflowing etc.

And notification to PC and mobile for any "events" on the pump such as failures. You can also check current power usage and pump "health" at any time.

I think the reef crest and Gyre modes are more suited to closed loop systems.

Features like the calibration so you can set minimum and maximum flow to suit your tank are good though so if anyone was to mess with the controller and put it on maximum, it will only go as powerful as the custom maximum that you have set when calibrating it to your system so no overflowing etc.

And notification to PC and mobile for any "events" on the pump such as failures. You can also check current power usage and pump "health" at any time.

I think the reef crest and Gyre modes are more suited to closed loop systems.

Do you really need that lot from a return pump? Haha........ more toys that are nice to look at then quickly forgotten :)

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk