Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

jocave

Jebao Gyre

Hardly surprising. I bet Maxspect are not happy at all with this but China is hardly known for the best in upholding patents or copyright infringements. Expect to see these hitting the fishy store soon.

Ooh lets how much they knock off the price of this one then :)

Not long to wait then before the forums are full of "my 3 month old jebao gyre has conked out" story's...

Edited by superdart

Not long to wait then before the forums are full of "my 3 month old jebao gyre has conked out" story's...

But what about the ones that don't complain as they don't have a problem....you never see them threads it's always negatives you see :)

Iirc China dosent have copyright laws as such e.t.c that's how they get away with it.

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk

My 2 WP25 are now 2 years old and have run faultless on max flow for all of that time. 

One of the other reasons the jebao are cheaper is they skip on the research and development side of things. They let others spend the time, money and effort on designing, building and testing a product, then they just come along and copy it.

It's very naughty IMO and can't see the manufacturers being very happy, but if they can get around copyright/patent laws then there's not much they can do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Make a change from the endless "my vortech is noisy" ones that pop up daily

Make a change from the endless "my vortech is noisy" ones that pop up daily

I have just swapped 1 of the tunze 6055's over to a vortech mp40 for a bit of extra flow and yes they are a bit louder than I remember from the last time I used them.