Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

tbert33

2015 Reef Meets

73 posts in this topic

Good idea mate. How does having meets at members houses as frag swaps and when we visit an LFS we buy from them? That way we are getting the best of both worlds.

I agree with that. Although the main aim is to get together and have a good meet-up. But we also want to be supporting our sponsors and people aren't gonna be spending in the LFS if there's frags on the car park. 

Definitely keep frag swaps and reef meets as 2 different things IMO

what so if you are meeting up and have some frags that another member wants, then we just leave them at home?

besides if we swap frags, then there is still money in your pocket to buy from the sponser!

Edited by rory2005

what so if you are meeting up and have some frags that another member wants, then we just leave them at home?

IMO, yes! , there's a classifieds section with a frags swap section on here and another 364 days of the year to do that. 

Don't be so bloody tight and put your hand in your pocket and support an LFS!

I have daz many times over the many years, but ive no room anymore to buy colonys from lfs, I haven't spent more than £20 on stock in six months for this reason

I think Reef Meets should be about meeting up, having a good chat and supporting our sponsors. Swapping frags on a car park outside the LFS isn't something we should get into IMO.

Most if not all LFS have frags available if you have no room for colonies.

Frag Swap meets should be for that.  

If you've got no room left and still want more corals then it's time for an upgrade mate lol  : CRAZY :

so on that note if I fetch a red planet frag to a meet with me you will tell me to take it home?

Haha dunno about reef meet, this is going to be more like fight club, first rule of fight club?........?

there is no fight club wayne, that's the 1st rule, lmao

my name is mr mischief for a reason lol.

btw I would never encourage frag/ coral sales outside an lfs as that's not playing fair.

Edited by rory2005

@@Daz4126... Agree with your line of thought mate.

Frag swaps for people's houses, LFS meets purchase from the LFS... Otherwise there is no incentive for the LFS to get involved and host something if we will mainly be swapping frags on their premises.

Obviously if it's something that you have made an agreement with another member to pick something up off them at an LFS meet than that's fine... But it would be a bit weird getting all out butty boxes out in someone's car boot with a blue led tube wired in so we can see what another members offerings looks like under the blue's

@@tbert33 did you go reefest?

there were so many folk in each others car boots it was unreal, and everyone still had a damned good chin wag and meetup, and im pretty certain the lfs had phenomenal sales over the weekend.

I was never suggesting sales or un arranged swaps, wasn't talking about turning up with 50 frags of things and hoping to swap or sell, and I am pretty certain that most lfs would happily take frags from customers to swap or buy from them as I have been doing for the past six months.

not trying to be controversial here. just trying to get you guys to think outside of the box. 

Edited by rory2005

there is no fight club wayne, that's the 1st rule, lmao

my name is mr mischief for a reason lol.

btw I would never encourage frag/ coral sales outside an lfs as that's not playing fair.

Haha we don't talk about fight club...or frag swaps same thing lol

bloody hell wayne bit harsh that dude, never allowed to talk about frag swaps. its sacrilege lol 

Ok I need to sell my old 4ft rena now, might bung that in the van, you need an upgrade by the sounds of it, be worh7 a few frags :-D lol

thanks but no thanks bud, too big for a future upgrade, quite like smaller tanks, had bigger systems in the past and it costs too much money.

I appreciate where your coming from Rory but it defeats the object for me. An LFS isn't there for a frag swap in my opinion.

I was at reef fest and reef fest did so well due to the volume of people going. Our meets won't be on that scale because it's for reef face members only.

You have raised an interesting point though about LFS accepting trades for frags... Something I wasn't aware happens... Call me naive