Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

tbert33

2015 Reef Meets

73 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Over the next few weeks I'm aiming to arrange a few reef meets and i need your input.

I'd like to know the following:

Would you be interested in having a meet and would you actually come along?

Would you be interested in a quarterly meet up? An 6 monthly meet up or an annual meet up? Or would you like to meet up more often?

What would you like to see at a meet up i.e.... Would you like a raffle/competitions etc? Guest speakers?

Would you like to visit multiple LFS's at each meet or visit one and then go for a social drink? Could you cater for a reef meet at your house?

Also... Would you be interested in Tshirts?

Your feedback is welcome.

I'd be interested and would come and I'm open to going anywhere really as long as there's no snow on the ground lmao

id be interested in coming along to meet people as long as it isnt miles away lol. 

im up for either 3month or 6 month meets or 12month lol. 

raffles and comps are a good idea to get more people to come along, and maybe do it at 1 lfs or 2 if they are close 

if I can find another job, I will be up for it

you have only just got that one pal, you not happy there?

now tom I would like the meet idea to work, but I tried and not a single person from this forum attended. now if something concrete can be organised I would be up for it.

Cheers for the replies guys. Keep them coming.

@@rory2005...You did a stirling job holding a meet at your place. We know unfortunately didn't turn out as well as it should but its with inspiration from yourself which is why I'm doing this thread.

I'm personally of the opinion that it's a bloody good thing meeting up with other reefers and just strengthens our community even more.

One thing about these meets though before they are any suggestions... For now these are reef face meets only. I don't want to involve any other forums... I think it's time that we on here do something for us.

I'm all for having one at mine... As long as I can palm the mrs and the little lad off somewhere

im up for it  :icon_thumleft:

before i was working weekends i went to nearly all the meets

to be truthful tom, I honestly believe most didn't turn up from both forums as they wont interact with each other, crazy really considering we are all passionate about the same hobby, I then realised myself not to involve more than one forum in these things.

I'd be up for a meet for sure.

Well up for it.

The idea of guest speakers is an inspired one. No drinking as most of us will need to drive a fair run to get to the meet.

This is also why we best keep it to a single location too.

Quarterly is best but could do monthly too.

T - shirts lol been waiting to buy mine for 12 months.

We would come along assuming we are free.

Heres one suggestion- at least one meet at Carls LFS so he will be there!

Sent from Liz's S3

I`d try my best to go, got three kids that need our taxi service virtually every day of the week doing multiple activities. Sundays are always the best for us.

6 monthly might be the best bet, but i`d try anything really.

AdyB

Who says you have to have an alcoholic drink? I for one very rarely touch the stuff. Why not arrange to have something to eat instead?

Also... Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it and will help me formulate a plan.

@@Shamisen... I'm taking over the tshirts pal so whatever has happened previously isn't happening now. We will start from fresh.

@@tbert33 Shut up and take my money!!  :lol:

Thinking about it, why not have a Reef Face curry night?