Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

mike.t

Newbie Needs Help With Setup

71 posts in this topic

As mr tap water says buddy

@little ocean

Our resident ro expert

As mr tap water says buddy

@little ocean

Our resident ro expert

Ha ha:)

Even I have to laugh to myself when talking about RO:)

Edited by mr tap water

Good luck:)

If you have a pressure indicator on your RO unit you should be looking for a pressure of over 50 psi. Another thing to consider is temperature. Cold temperature can and will cut RO output by half or more.

Hi everyone I've had a few issues that have been rectified now so won't go into them, I'm now filling my Tank and I have seen on brs a diy for putting a mesh cover over tank and have looked to see if I could get the items over here in UK as I don't want the glass covers that came with the tank. Has anybody seen the cover on brs and does anybody know of somewhere I could purchase these items over here?

Hi everyone. The lights that I've bought are leds and have programmed settings, but the blue lights stay on all night. Is this right or should the lights turn off altogether.

Hi there Mike what type of LEDs have you got first of all.

But in the meantime based on what you're saying it sounds like that you've got a moon setting on you should be able to get all the lights to go off all at once or gradually .have a look at your program make sure all your lights are set to 0

@@mike.t is your light the same as this one in the pictures below? If so I can never get the lights.to fully go out so I manually set them when I wake in the morning, when I get home from work and turn them off before bed...

post-8157-141848570591_thumb.jpg

post-8157-14184857573_thumb.jpg

post-8157-141848577358_thumb.jpg

The lights I bought were from a company called d-sunny and the blue lights dim to 10% but never go off but I sure I could plug them into a timer so that they do go off, I just thought as the box has pre programed settings for the four seasons or you can set your own and I've just put them on the winter seeing that it would automatically switch off at night, but they don't. I will have to learn how to post pictures on here, not sure how I do that yet sorry.

Mike not a problem mate... Thanks for your reply. It sounds very very similar to the way mine is set up and probably from the same place. Don't get me wrong.... It's a cracking light but not the greatest with controllability.

So how long in total should the lights be on for and when would it be best to have them switch off altogether?

With mine this is what I do...

Blue's and moonlights on 5% and whites on 3% from 7.30am each morning. At around 5pm I rang the whites up manually to 30% and blues and moonlights up to 45% (I like a blue colour) then at around 10.00 to 10.30 I reduce all lights to turn off other than moonlights to around 10% and when I go to bed at around 11pm I turn them off completely.

Probably not ideal as I think I should be looking at 8 hours full light but this does me ok.

Hi everyone

I'm receiving my live rock on Friday and it is only partially cured so when I'm waiting for the tank to go through the cycle is it right that it is better to leave the lights off all together or am I wrong?

ab81b3ab4fdf0a35cc64d75b5ebc350e.jpg

Just waiting for the tank to go through the cycle now and I need to set up a quarantine tank and I will be good to go

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.