Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

yellowboxfish

Unbranded And Untested Products

88 posts in this topic

this is a anxious time really, people's negative input put doubt in your mind

@@yellowboxfish

How do you think I feel Carl, if your test comes back bad then I have been successfully using dodgy salt for 5 years, I might have to go and lie down....... ;)

this is a anxious time really, people's negative input put doubt in your mind

think you took the comments to heart buddy they weren't negative just concerned

i know what i was letting myself in for and decided to do this on my own volition, it can't be that bad really not just because alf has used it for some time but there are others who have used it  i have read the feed back on it, however i will still test it, the thing is there are some people that just try to knock everything you say no matter what just as much as there are others who back you all the way

as I said before there's many ways round things and people like to point out that fact is all, if it works for you and others then so be it just be cautious and test all the way then you can prove on facts what it does and what the benefits are or vise versa  :icon_thumleft:   

basically what i am doing is using a new salt i just thought i would let people know what i am doing, if any one can learn something from it then fine, i do see what your saying Nav and it has been taken onboard, tbh i wish i had just kept things to myself now i know you have not given me negative response but some one suggested that i could be using dishwasher salt, that isn't really positive feed back, anyway we are here so onwards and upwards

exactly onwards and upwards :yes:

you have thick skin Carl so shouldn't let it get to you pal

cheers lee yep nav i am going on with it any way, as i say i am doing it for myself at the end of the day

Personally I think that what you are doing Carl is what any good scientist does. Pose a question first. In this case I wonder what the composition of this marine salt is like. Secondly design an experiment to test your hypothesis. Then publish your results along with your conclusions and recommendations for further experimentation for peer review.

This process should be encouraged in everyone. I understand people's skepticism and skepticism is a healthy method of thinking and not a position however as yet we have no experimental data so negative comments right now are invalid.

Don't let anyone put you off Carl. What you're doing is something that will benefit the whole community whatever the results and this is something we should all support. I'm looking forward very much to what happens next. I'm sure that this salt can't be terrible or Alf would have had issues with it by now.

Sent from my Note 3 usung Tapatalk.

cheers steve, this is the outlook i was looking for m8

ok quick heads up, salt was added 3 hours ago and mixed in ro water to a temp of 24c/75f , 3000lph power heads were used to mix the salt same as i use for all my salt mixing, some 3 hours later i turned of the powerheads to stop calc etc build up and the salt is dissolved and the water is clear again i will test it tomorrow before i use it,

Ok a heads up, tested st and I t was at 1020 so added another 300 grms to water

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Have you given it another test yet Carl?

Sent from my Note 3 usung Tapatalk.

no not had chance to yet m8 , got people round jut having a quick time out lol