Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

yellowboxfish

Unbranded And Untested Products

88 posts in this topic

Well from the picture below its not doing anything for my tank eh. And lucky not everyone feels the same way as you or else we wouldn't have sold over 25000 genuine products in the last year for our business lol

Have a nice day :cool:

20140403_164929.jpg

Well from the picture below its not doing anything for my tank eh. And lucky not everyone feels the same way as you or else we wouldn't have sold over 25000 genuine products in the last year for our business lol

Have a nice day :cool:

attachicon.gif20140403_164929.jpg

i clearly touched a nerve there!

wasnt meant to, but as it was a forum, i thought id post up my view.....silly me!

my point was simple, you have something unbranded and untested (as that it the title of the thread) and you are going to use it in your tank?

would you use unbranded and untested oil in your car?  probably not....or unbranded and untested paint on the walls of your house...probably not........or worse untried and untested baby milk.

you see there are an awful lot of people that will buy branded, whether that be M&S  or asdas own......it is all branded and tested and backed by someone you trust

What are their testing procedures?  do they test? what measures do they take to prevent a contaminated batch, what else is manufactured in the plant.....could it be cross contaminated?

tbh you could have sold a couple of million unbranded and untested products unless they are salt and being added to a reef aquarium then its hardly relevant.....unless of course your selling the salt.

as for your tank....well its fair to say it doesnt look like its dieing.

Edited by mrdave

No you didn't touch a nerve. I just wish you had read the thread about what salt people are using first :p

Anyway, I wasn't being sarcastic, and I am having a great day too

All is good now and I do like to see peoples input :hi:

No you didn't touch a nerve. I just wish you had read the thread about what salt people are using first :p

silly me....i didnt realise there was a sequence i should read the threads in on the forum:)

There is good feedback on the salt and it is being tested, I will test all perams before it goes anyway near my tank, though the large amount of good feedback would say it is not dishwasher salt, the other part is the remineralizer which I will also be testing, yes this is a forum and you can state your opinion, but you should wait for results before making any judgements

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Carl should put a link in to the original thread as this is piggybacked off that, but you are forgiven Steve :cool:

Will do later when on my laptop

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

oh I am open minded carl

However i still have an opinion and if we were all to wait on the results before commenting on any thread then no one would post on the forum

so what tests are you using carl....the usual suite i suspect?

what about other trace elements and contaminants that we cant test for at home?

good debate and like all involved says there is good valid views on both sides

the thing is all i am doing is testing it to use myself i am not selling it on to other people not even recommending it to others and it isnt hurting anyone,  so i don't see the harm in what i am doing

Well got a new red sea pro kit through today and so did a quick test of my tank water

490 calcium

9.8 dkh

That's first test, be interesting how yours compare Carl. I only dose 10mil cal every couple of days and 5mil of kh (red sea products) Been 4 weeks since I did a water change too

I was hoping for 460-470, but I am not dosing anything and will test again Sunday see what the drop off is.

I do have a Salifert knocking about somewhere, I might do a comparison. I will be a bit naffed off it they are not accurate after spending £40 on it lol

I've been very happy with the Red Sea kits. They always seem to read the same as the Salifert kits. I prefer the Red Sea because I find the titration method easy to read. It's either pink or it's blue. Purple means you're almost at the end of the test.

Sent from my Note 3 usung Tapatalk.

ok next phase, i weighed out 900 grms of salt for each of the 2 buckets and added it to the preheated water, i must say the salt isn't as dry as the other salts i have tried but on a plus side there was no residue in the scales pan and no powder flare up like drier salts and it all went in easily and mixed in ok so will leave it to mix for around 3 to 4 hours and test it tomorrow when i know everything has dissolved completely