bigstring

Robs 6Ft Planted Discus

49 posts in this topic

Well as most of you will know the reef has gone :crybaby:  :crybaby: But the planted discus has begun. :)  :)

Got the last of my silicone today so managed to silicone the last baffle into the sump.

Empty Reef.

IMG_0645_zps2ce317c5.jpg

IMG_0644_zps8526e89c.jpg

IMG_0643_zps4b830985.jpg

Rockwork done.

IMG_0646_zps5a473be9.jpg

Plants in starting to fill. leaving sump off till the silicone dries.

IMG_0647_zps16a771ec.jpg

IMG_0648_zpscad9ec57.jpg

IMG_0649_zps40cdf5b1.jpg

more plants in the post hope they arrive in the morn also need to find some nice wood to put on the plant substate end but that can wait at least this time it will fill faster than last time lol.

way to go Rob, is all that slate on the end m8, must have cost a fortune

1 person likes this

That's looking really good Rob, you may have sparked an idea for a new project for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

1 person likes this

way to go Rob, is all that slate on the end m8, must have cost a fortune

Yes mate all slate cost a pretty penny but with what i made selling the stock from marine im still up some.

Sent fron my Galaxy tab2 10.1 using Tapatalk HD

That's looking really good Rob, you may have sparked an idea for a new project for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Oh dear tell the mrs im sorry lol. And thanks.

Just about half full now gonna have to turn the hma filter off till mornin then it can fill right up and let sump run. Just waiting on my equipment for co2 injection and a few more plants.

I dunno whether to be sad looking at those pics or excited at was is to come! I'm sure this is gonna be stunning mate! Just sad that your reef has gone! I'm sure you'll be back. Discus are stunning tho!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

looking good rob i do like discus to but love my marines to much lol 

did you want that ph computer m8 still have it ive dropped price to £60? 

looking good rob i do like discus to but love my marines to much lol 

did you want that ph computer m8 still have it ive dropped price to £60? 

cheers mate yeah I still want it mate its just getting over to collect it. im well busy got my mum and dad moving house step son moving house and this tank to sort and only have 3 spare days a week.

can you hold it for a couple of week? any idea when you will have a tank no rush but would be good to collect the large vat and ph comp together?

I dunno whether to be sad looking at those pics or excited at was is to come! I'm sure this is gonna be stunning mate! Just sad that your reef has gone! I'm sure you'll be back. Discus are stunning tho!

:icon_thumleft:  :icon_thumleft:

not sure yet m8 as need funds to by a tank lol hence why iam selling gear lol but i can hold it np

its Full and filter on just need to collect something to hold carbon in the sump.

IMG_0656_zps41de01fe.jpg

IMG_0654_zpsbfee0949.jpg

IMG_0650_zpsef0024ac.jpg

IMG_0651_zps6469ce6e.jpg

IMG_0653_zps43a47dbb.jpg

IMG_0652_zps0f2b3822.jpg

Still cloudy from the fill but that will clean up soon, had to swap the pump for filter as the old one was too strong for the plants hopefully they will take root soon and stop floating off. Got a few more plants to arrive yet got some rare moss and other stuff coming over from the states hope it all arrives alive as it cost a pretty penny I spoke with the supplier on the phone and he said he will bag it well so it should arrive ok.

may pop out later to see if I can get some nice wood.

and the white pipe aint staying its just till my glass pipes arrive.

Looks good Rob. For the carbon, just pinch a pair of the other half's tights and cut the end of one of the legs off lol. That's what I use for my carbon and phos remover in my filter

Looks good Rob. For the carbon, just pinch a pair of the other half's tights and cut the end of one of the legs off lol. That's what I use for my carbon and phos remover in my filter

that's what I did in the reef mate but I found the media doesn't have enough flow through it I always ended up with stale water in the middle of the bag. I need something that I can run flow in one end and out the other more like a reactor but in a bag if you get me. not sure what I want myself yet but I will know when I see it lol.

you can make a pocket in filter floss and put phos remover and carbon in it 

you can make a pocket in filter floss and put phos remover and carbon in it

The floss blocks up to quick though. I found some netting that im gonna do a similar thing with.