Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

Daz4126

Reef-Face Meet-Up! 31/08/2013 @ Cockfields

200 posts in this topic

cheers Daz  :icon_thumleft:

Why does a meet have to be at Cockfields? because its quite close to a lot of you staff and regular members! What should happen is all members should be asked if they actually want to meet other members then a meet point can be arranged that's a fair distance to the members that want to meet up, it's all very well daz saying come on you've got time to arrange it etc but how close is Cockfields to you daz? When the meets finished you can probably be home within a hour but southerners will have hours still and with possible livestock that's a risk IMHO mate. I'm not having a go its just not as straight forward as your making it sound, I work 5-6 days a week and the misses works sat and sun nights so I have the girls all weekend and no time to do anything! (Why I sold the tank in the first place) I will try to make it of course as I'd love to go Cockfields but if lots of people travel far to come will the next meet be nearer the south and will you northerners be so keen? As said I'm not having a go its just not as black and white as it sounds mate

I arranged for Cockfields as we have members up north in Scotland Lee as well as down south so it's pretty much in the middle mate if you take everyone in to consideration. The next meet may be up near John and Krys, I don't know. Also, you lot are always moaning that your lfs are brad pit so not much point in all of us coming down there to have a look around the local dobbies your always slagging off. I'm not saying the next meet won't be down near you but with how bad you all say the lfs are down there I can't imagine a lot of people will want to go. It was said a while back that a few of you were going to try and have a trip up here to cockfields this summer anyway. With regards to having livestock for a few hours while you travel home. Cockfields send livestock, as many other places do, overnight with no problems. So your journey home is a lot shorter than an overnight delivery, so that's not a problem. Just ask them to pack your stuff the same as they would for posting. 

Cockfields is about 100 miles from me and I wouldn't consider trying to organise a meet at any of my local shops over Cockfields at all. Fair enough, if it was a bunch of us all from Darlington then a local meet at Billingham would be okay, but I wouldn't expect half a dozen from Oldham to travel up to Billingham and be impressed with the place when compared to Cockfields. True, the shop is just moving premises and the new place sounds like it's going to be a belter of a shop, but until then I would suggest a Cockfields meet is going to be the best idea. Then we can all sit and have a cuppa (usually free btw for meets) and slag off the abyss and ocean gems.

I'll try and get there when you ever decide what day/week you're going to be having it though.

Definitely Saturday 31st August. It won't change again. If we get enough of us, i'll have a word with Mark if he can sort anything for us. With the forum discount card, we get 10% off livestock anyway. 

I'll tell you on the 31st August at Cockfields  :thumbsup:

Might be worth mentioning before in case people are buying online.

I'm not sure if it applies online because they swipe the card at the till. Mark is on holiday this weekend so i'll ask him next week when he's back. 

Deffo no point in coming to where I live:| now I wished I drove,I'm stuck really

Yes my local shops are crap but there are some great shops in the south just further than I'd like to travel in general, your probably right if you take into account all members Cockfields may well be almost central to all off us but I bet over 95% of all members aren't active members at all and have no interest in posting let alone meeting up! All I suggested is you ask members who actually want to meet up then it can be judged where's fair to meet, it may well be Cockfields but it maybe further south!?! Misshaps can happen when travelling with livestock for long distances, I appreciate they can with a delivery to but if they arrive doa from a delivery I would get my money back but if I took them away myself and they died on route I would lose my money unless I wanted to travel back to take whatever back which would be a pita! It seems you think traveling half the country for just a couple of hours isn't a big deal people have jobs, families etc and a couple of months notice may not be enough for some

i understand what you are saying lee, but on the flip side you could get a few of you and visit the shops we have in the gtr manchester area like the abyss,oasis,cockfields,ocean gems and fishmans frags, that would be a great day out and if you have an agenda you could spend time at all them all i am sure you wouldn't be disappointed, i may seem that we are biased and not going far but we have got members farther north like hull and scotland but no matter where you have a meet it will be too far for someone

I understand Carl I really do I'm not meaning to come off funny at all but I possible am! You probably have the best shops in the country I just don't feel it's fair if people say its to far etc to be told to at least try, you have two months etc its not that straight forward for me at least and possibly others, being to far IMO is a perfectly acceptable reason for not going and that should be accepted. I would love to come but I really can't see it happening with Mell working and me having the kids, if I brought them I wouldn't get a second to look at anything let alone talk to your lot lol

i do understand that it is too far and i wasn't suggesting any other, what i am saying in a roundabout way is that no matter what you do or where ever you go someone will miss out through distance

But maybe not if members that actually wanted to meet where actually asked if they would 100% want to meet then a location more accommodating maybe found for the said members rather than a mod saying meet is here on this date