Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

bugburd

Norwich Raid 26th-27th May 2012

153 posts in this topic

Coral raid is cancelled

sent from nick piteras pocket ;o)

oh that sucks, sorry to hear that sarah. i feel guilty for cancelling now

You're not the only one Dave. It's a shame but hopefully it will happen soon.

Sorry Sarah, it's miffed me off.

Sarah had put alot of effort into trying to organise this. You've all known for nearly 3 months prior to the date.

Some of LFS was looking at getting some distributors into the shop, Sarah had been tryin to work with the lfs's to organise a raffle at her house with some prizes.

Yes I know alot of you can't buy much, but since when has reef-face been about spending money? I thought we was more of a community forum.

How hard is it to book a train ticket for a day trip in advance! I did it to Norwich, cost me £32 and that was booking only 3 weeks in advance. Just because it's a coral raid doesn't mean you had to spend excessively.

Sarah travelled the furthest for our Leicester raid and she went home with nothing!

Reef-face is about the people and the support not about the opportunity to spend and get bargains.

I'm gutted she has had to cancel it, she has put alot of things to the side to try and help us.

Sorry again Sarah, it's not often I voice my views but I'm just so annoyed.

Sent using the powers of my mind!

jess no need to get annoyed i have set these up in the past and only had 4 ppl show up. it's a long long way for ppl to go look at the member's map. bb thank's for trying to set this up for the reef face member's dont let it get you down hun.

There just to far me me to travel and weekends are no good as Mell works I'm afraid

Yeah I'm sorry,I tried to book hol as well but no luck:( my other halfs mum and dad live across the road from blue sea so I could have stayed there.

Bummer.....sorry to hear BB :(

I know these things take a lot of effort to organise.

I tried to get a Lincolnshire Reef club going.....lots of interest but when it came to organising a meet hardly anyone would turn up :(

I'm after a pair of blue striped pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus)

and a spikefin goby (discordipinna griessingeri) depending on price though as I hear the prices can vary wildly from the sublime to ridiculas

I have 4 due in on 9th May :)

Hi Sazmo,

I'm still interested in the spikefin goby and a pair of blue stripe pipefish, so keep me informed when you get them in and I'll have a day out :)

Regards

Steve.B

No worries babe... your still welcome over, be nice ta meet you

Well i still have a nice Aussie shipment coming in the week before the raid so if anyone still wants to come over their should be plenty for you ;)

Yay... ill see if i can drag a few people your way mate

Hi BB got your pm and i'm sorry to every1 including all the sponsors i wont be able to make it lots of work on and gotta sort the upgrade.

forget that then didn't see the last page as i.m on phone lol.

Sorry to here this isn't going ahead now but as Craig mentioned if anyone is in the area then we'd be happy for a mini raid. We will have stocked up again after our open day by then and with Criag's aussie shipment, Norwich will be the place to be :laugh:

Hi Sazmo,

I'm still interested in the spikefin goby and a pair of blue stripe pipefish, so keep me informed when you get them in and I'll have a day out :)

Regards

Steve.B

I'll let Sarah know Steve. Bluestripes are something we like to always have in anyway and i think a few are on order but i'm not sure about the goby.