Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

Sign in to follow this  
theharks

Marine Habitiat Magazine

Im not one for grabbing every magazine that comes out. I know you think thats because I cant read and only like pictures but actually its because I tend to find alot of what gets churned out to be a repeat of whats been said before or even worse a waste of money and my time.

That said for some bizarre reason I found myself drunk surfing one night after seeing a post here on Reef Face annoucing a new publication, next morning I woke up to an email in my inbox informing me that I'd subscribed to the first 3 editions !

When the magazine arrived I have top say the front cover was bright, attarctive and looked interesting. I do what most males do who have a short attention span and flicked very quickly through it and coming away with a "at first glance" good impression - varied pieces, interesting, uninteresting (to me) and a competition that had a cracking prize of 5 Micro habitat tanks.

Im not a well informed person and font of all knowledge on marines, I just love keeping them and alsways want to know more. I felt the mag gave me a good range of information on equipment, fish, corals and inverts - admittedly not a lot of fish, equipment etc but some nonetheless. If they continue to follow this approach I'm sure over a period of time your (more importantly my) knowledge will grow at a pace my brain my actually be able to keep up with !

What i did find disappointing is that there didnt seem to be enough inside the covers - I wanted more, expected more but didnt get it.

Now to be brutally honest I do care about the environment but not enough to go hug a tree or save a whale or buy Marine Habitat because they donate 5p from every sale to Marine Conservation but it can only help and be a plus to those who do.

Overall is it worth the money - probably (sorry for the fence sitting) but I think its going to be one where it will need to develop more and I get a feel throughout the issue that they seriously do want and will act on feedback about the first edition which I hardly get from any other magazine.

Hope this helps - its my first ever reveiw and I love the sound of my own voice so hope your not too bored but at the very least it helps you decide to buy it !

Sign in to follow this