Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

isaac

how to deal with white spot

White spot   96 members have voted

1. 1. When you notice WS what do you do ?

• Nothing, keeps hands out and feed well
    • Medications ( without copper )
    • QT the fish, add Copper based medication
    • FW dipp the fish
    • Turn on a UV filter
    • Turn on ozone unit
    • other, please add in the replies

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
62 posts in this topic

Just a small note.

I added a cleaner wrasse to my tank as I had noticed the odd black dot on my orange shoulder tang. I believe that the wrasse does help in control of a low level of parasites. (I have not seen any since)

He eats frozen mysis as well so he won't starve.

A cleaner wrasse is next on my shopping list for the tank Craig, hoping to get a good sized one but the ones I have seen to date all seem very small.

I was lucky and the place I bought it from had a dozen or so large ones in so I just picked one that looked healthy and was eating frozen food.

My cleaner wrasse eats absolutely anythink including flake :icon_headbang:

Nicely put lol, I was with you upto the word "cryptocryon irritans" lol

hi jake, i just put a cleaner shrimp in mine and it cleaned my copperband up nicely, has anyone ever done this ?

I thought I'd re-bump this one as its a good thread!

Nice one!

lets get an update!

The only medecine I know that is supposed to be reef safe is oddineox however you spell that.

I dont ever recommend any treatment in a display tank, If you have to go to the extreme of treatment it should be done in a Quarantine tank ONLY

IMHO!

I have read a few articles since making the comments on this thread.

Scientists are adamant that marine ich can not just seem to clear up in a tank without treatment so is it maybe some other parasite that causes these white spots that clear up with reduced stress?

well leaving well alone works for me, what ever it is causing the white spots

My regal has/had white spot really bad, poor thing, 3 weeks now just going. None of the other fish have it. I done nothing. Made sure it feed well and have my uv running 24/7. It is eating and swimming well all the time. Figured that it would stress it out more trying to catch it and put in the QT. so doing nothing works for me.

well I had white spot and I did Nothing, keeps hands out and feed well and it worked well for me which i can thank the people on reef face for :icon_thumright:

Bump...

My clown has WS so was looking for some info and read this from start to finish. I now know what is happening and how to deal with it.

Great thread, thought it deserved a bump in case any other newbies haven't seen it!

there is a treatment available on the market that you can use in a reef tank just try it and see i had an anthias tank full of coral and fish caught white spot i went to the vet with a hand full of treatments and they picked one out the lady vet studied fish in australia and she swears by it now i do also.

octozin tablets from waterlife they are brilliant overnight in some cases and also in mine 3 times

i have used octozin and found it worked brilliantly, but be careful not to overdose