Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

owlbassboy

My first pond.

72 posts in this topic

well my dad thought it was sitting too high so the whole thing came out and got sunk deeper down

well my dad thought it was sitting too high so the whole thing came out and got sunk deeper down

dam thought it was going to be a marine pond lmao looking good mate if you need any help with it paul from my shop is the man when it come to ponds give him a call or talk to him on face book if needed m8

cheers pete.

got some ornamental grasses to go up behind it and plant out that bed.

the filter barrel will go to the left of the laurel bush and there is a little triangle between the left slabs and a flower bed which it getting filled with black pebbles.

cheers pete.

got some ornamental grasses to go up behind it and plant out that bed.

the filter barrel will go to the left of the laurel bush and there is a little triangle between the left slabs and a flower bed which it getting filled with black pebbles.

nice little pond mate, but i have 1 question about the laurel, aren't they poisonous and it seems very close to your pond apart from that you're doing everything the right way, i used to keep my swordtails in the pond during the warmest summer days and they thrived, bit of a pain to catch though lol

is it? the laurel could always disappear and some bamboos go in its place, my wife hates laurel anyway

is it? the laurel could always disappear and some bamboos go in its place, my wife hates laurel anyway

seems a shame to move the layrel but your idea of the bamboo sounds better that would look good at the side or back of the pond i used to work in a pond shop so although i may not know that much about marines freshwater is a different kettle of fish(excuse the pun non intended) keep your eye on any fish you have in with frogs as they don't always mix

unfortunately i dont think there will be much i can do about the frogs as the area is full of em

unfortunately i dont think there will be much i can do about the frogs as the area is full of em

i didn't want it to sound grim, just err on the side of caution, check the fish regularly for signs of desease pretty much the same as you would with marines, when you feed look at them don't just chuck food in and walk away, also are yo thinking of a uv otherwise you coiuld end up with green water, patriotic for you but not very good for seeing your fish, a pond is like any aspect of fish keeping the larger amount of water the easier it is to keep as there are less fluctuations,

im thinking about a uv but not gonna be added straight away.

im thinking about a uv but not gonna be added straight away.

might i ask did you use tap water to fill your pond, as with water for your marine tanks you have phosphates in the water which will turn your water green, at first it may stay clear especially this time of year but it will eventually go green, if you can't afford a uv yet this may not be a problem just yet but i would advise it when your water starts greening up, another thing about a uv is the desease aspect it will help keep down water borne nasties as with marines

i need to empty and clean the pond out before filling again but yeh it will be with tap water