Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

Haydn

A few pictures of the koi

39 posts in this topic

I am so chuffed- i have redesigned the filters on the pond and slowed the flow through the UVs and the pond is crystal clear! I can see through 6' of water to the bottom. There is no hair algea the first time I haven't had to battle it in 3 years and my koi are looking the best I have seen them for ages.

A few random shots of the koi

koi001.jpg

To give a sense of scale the ogon (yellow one) is 27" long

koi002.jpg

koi003.jpg

koi004.jpg

koi005.jpg

And finally my ocheba all 20lbs of her

koi006.jpg

Wow Haydn. They are stunning, great size.

Theres some money in your pond!!!!

Dave

Looks stunning Haydn..........wish i had seen it when i came round

Wow Haydn. They are stunning, great size.

Theres some money in your pond!!!!

Dave

Unfortunatly Dave you can't equate size with money when dealing with koi-It's all about quality I'm afraid.

Looks stunning Haydn..........wish i had seen it when i came round

You are always welcome to do a re-visit.

Very nice. I should do something with my pond.

You are always welcome to do a re-visit.

I will pop over once i sort my tank out mate, then i can visit a few shops around there too

Hi Haydn,

Really like the Kuchibeni Sanke. How big is your pond? Wish mine was as clear!

Just bought some Koi for the pond having had four Sarasa Comets in 6800 gallons for the last two years. I had nine big ones for a long-time then decided to quit due to working away from home and having to leave Bev with the responsibility. I remember the last straw was giving directions on how to fix the filter to my son when I was the other side of the world in Beijing.

They have such charm and grace - a lovely addition to a Reef Tank.

You don't keep Discus and Tortoises and Eclectus too do you?

Lokks great mate!! any full shots of the pond?

Hope they cant see your pond on google earth!

The pond is 7mx3mx1.8m deep including filters approx 7500galls.

The filters are 3 modules approx 100galls each, fed by a 6" piped bottom drain, first has brushes, second has japanese matting 3"cubes with air stones to keep them moving, third has japanese matting sheets. Circulation is by a Sequence 1/2hp pump feeding the return via a 9kw heater. There is140watts of UV fed via a ehime 1262 to get the dwell time in the UVs. There is also a surface skimmer. The pond is covered to stop excessive light to control algae and confuse the herons! Mains water is on an automatic top up via a carbon/particle filter.

FPS001.jpg

FPS003.jpg

FPS005.jpg

In the autumn/winter/early spring the pond is covered with panels to keep the heat in and the wind out.

garden009.jpg

And no I don't keep anything other than the pond, the reeftank and the dog-My wife would kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow that looks amazing m8.

wish i could have something like that

nice pond mate i have got a pond and koi but not a nice as that the koi are only 1 puound in weight!!

nice pond mate i have got a pond and koi but not a nice as that the koi are only 1 puound in weight!!

wow what a cracker thats a very nice pond i have one but not that sort of size and sadly i lose my pride ginrin ogon that was 19inch

Well done mate and keep up the good work

wow very nice indead.

Wow that amazing what type of panels are they? and how are they secured? great idea, I miss my pond.