Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

reefaddict

Duncans - (Duncanopsammia axifuga)

Duncanopsammia axifuga - commonly known as Duncans or whisker coral

I only started to see these appear in LFS's about 18 months ago, before that I'd never heard of them. They're not cheap but they grow fairly quickly and I've found them very easy to keep, adaptable to various lighting and flow.

Lovely looking coral in my opinion and will eat meaty food, even flake that they catch!

DSCF0018.jpg

Great coral, Easy to look after, If you feed it it will grow quickly and is very easy to frag.

So shelling out on one will soon pay for itself. :)

005-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

As Mark, I,ve had these about 8 months and growing pretty well, fairly bombproof coral IMO as long as the are not getting battered.

Will be fragging these as a favour shortly, turn them around every couple of months so the new buds get to the light this will help growth.

Here's my little patch.

IMG_6097.jpg

Paul

Here's a pic of a 3 head frag I got from Fishmanfrags recently

IMG_1734.jpg

Warning they can react badly to epoxy, I originally stuck mine and since I've lost a head and remaining four still ain't happy a month on

i would think again on that one lee if the coral is still not happy after all this time imo it's not the epoxy..

i would think again on that one lee if the coral is still not happy after all this time imo it's not the epoxy..

From what I've read it sounds like the problem to me, basically I've killed it and it's no gonna recover

here is my little duncan frag, getting bigger and looking happy

DSCF1010-1.jpg

Nice looking frag:D mine sulked for the last couple of days but is out and looking ok now IMAG0558-1-1.jpg

i have said all along that is a fantastic dunc emma