Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

owlbassboy

owls+isaacs ulns diary

135 posts in this topic

no way...lol, well maybe.

Hey Ste i`ve just dosed mine m8

did that help m8....lmao

i dosed vodka too, i did it for a few months

one thing you will definately notice over the coming weeks, is how little you have to clean your glass.

just be careful not to overdo it, you can tell if what your adding is slightly too much, as you will start getting like a biofilm on pumps and glass..

i decided to try and tackle the problem, of phos and nitrates other ways,,but same as issac i am not sure i will ever get there without artificially boosting it, due to fish load.

so far since finishing on vodka, i have been on the prodibio biodigest & bioptim, and i have converted my MM to dsb

prodibio for around 4-5 months now, and DSB was finished just before christmas, as it was a gradual thing.

also at the same time, i had been putting in water with a tds of 46, so this may have slowed my progress down considerably

i will give it a couple more months i think and if things haven't progressed on the lowering of P04 & n03, then i will take another look at vodka, as i really downt want to reduce my fish stock :D

it`s a good reason to have vodka in teh house...lol

:)

i just used to use the cheapo vodka from tesco,,,the one that makes you look like a wino when you buy it ;)

and from what i read, better quality could be better still ??

i know at one stage i didnt clean my glass for over 2 weeks,,there was no need ;)

anyone want to help with the how often i should be testing while dosing vodka and what i should be testing

i can`t think of anything to try after this other than remove bales

i can`t think of anything to try after this other than remove bales

i know that feeling,,,thats my last option,,remove 1 or 2 tangs

anyone want to help with the how often i should be testing while dosing vodka and what i should be testing

once your p04 and n03 reach zero,start backing off :)

the tank wouldn`t be the same without him and charlie (pink tail trigger) the other large pooper

once your p04 and n03 reach zero,start backing off :)

yeh but how often should i be testing and is it for nitrate and po4??

as often as you like :)

i would test every few days, just so you can keep an eye on how fast its coming down

once you get it balanced you could then back off on tests, obviously as it gets to 0 and you then back off to an amount where its not rising but staying at 0 you can maintain it then.

much like you would with a calcium reactor adding calcium :D

i wouldnt know about a calcium reactor nev lol im only on a nano here lol

calcium what ?