Hi and welcome to Reef-Face! Please register to and join our friendly forum community.

Welcome to Reef Face!

Welcome to Reef-Face.co.uk, like most online communities you must register to post/ask questions in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Reef-Face.co.uk by signing in or creating an account.

• Get full access to all the forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Add your location to the Member map
  • Share your reefing experience and learn from others

Click HERE to create a Reef-Face account.

Please note......Registration is a quick and simple process but it does require you to verify your account by email, so please make sure you use a valid email address when creating your account.

If you are already a member,
SIGN IN here

ps. If you are a SPAMMER and intend to sign up in an attempt to advertise - please don't waste your time - you will be flagged up automatically as a spammer by our security software and will be restricted from posting

Thanks

The Reef-Face Team

Fleece.... XXXL.... Available..

Debby
    By Debby,

I have one fleece left..

its size XXXL which measures 60" round the chest...

Bicolour Blenny Reefsafeness

Rod130
    By Rod130,

How reefsafe do people find their Bicolour Blennies. I've always thought they're supposed to be fine with corals but I've had mine for a couple of weeks and seen him nibble at a plating monti (which I wasn't worried about because the monti had a bit of algae on it - its recovering from when I left it too long before renewing bulbs, gave him the benefit of the doubt on that one) today I've seen him nip at the finger leather now too. I'm not sure he's doing much damage to leather but my red montis have turned very pale over the last week or two it could be him but I've also rearranged the rockwork so they're getting a bit more light now than they were, part of me thinks they're just acclimatising to the extra light.

Anyway i'll post a pic of the largest monti so I can compare it over the next week or two to see if it worsens.

SANY1712.jpg

Live Rock

mark1974
    By mark1974,

Hi all was just wondering where the best place is to purchase some live rock around the weston super mare area as I am currently stocking a nice new tank and need around 30kg :) .

Mark

A few more pics of my reef tank....... I hope! (Technophobe!)

massive favour

alex89
    By alex89,

Is anybody from the bradford area coming down manchester way ant time soon? ANd fancies doing me a MASSIVE favour? Thanks Alex

looking for eggcrate??

tillysreef
    By tillysreef,

where can i get some at a good price, only need a small amount

thanks

what to put in sump/refugium, sand or mm etc

tillysreef
    By tillysreef,

hi all

what have you all got in your sumps, am going for cheato but what else

tilly

sump pump

stephentheposhway
    By stephentheposhway,

hey guys brob a dumb question but i have a brand new blagdon 4000 pond pump...my question is can i use this as a return pump from the sump or is there anything special about the "normal" pumps that make them anything special..i.e internals...this pump has never been used....thanks

New bee

mark1974
    By mark1974,

Hi all

Just thought I would say hello and give you all an idea as to what I am running at home:

Aqua Marine 900 tank 180l

Marisys pump with built in protein skimmer and surface skimmer.

T5 lighting 4 tubes

6kg of live rock more to come

2 clown fish

Would be good to hear from anyone else that is also running the new Marisys pump system as I am have trouble getting the dam thing to run quite and would welcome some advise.

Looking forward to participating and learning from you all on how to run a successful marine tank.

Time for RO Filter Change?

robert-2211
    By robert-2211,

Hi

I have had my RO Unit since Last March

It is a 100 gall /day 6 stage RO Unit

Bought it from RO-MAN, very quick delivery would recomend to anyone.

According to the instructions I should have changed the filters by now, but the unit is still producing 0 TDS water.

The input pressure of the unit is around 40psi, and the output of the unit (the rate of water coming out) is the same as when I bought it.

So my question is, Do I really need to change the filters every 6 months, or do I wait Untill the TDS of the water goes up?

Thanks

Robert